5 Recipes to Grow Your Hair Faster
Who has never dreamed of having long hair? Combined with femininity and sensuality, endless hair has the advantage of lend itself to all kinds of pretty hairstyles such as braids or buns. Only, few have the patience to achieve this hair goal. It is estimated that for an individual of the Caucasian type, the average growth of a hair is about one centimeter per month.
Thus, a Rapunzel-style mane requires several years of perseverance. But good news for the most eager among us: there are natural tips to stimulate hair growth! In addition to scalp massages and scrubs to activate microcirculation, DIY treatments are required to grow your hair faster.
Check out below the best special long hair recipes spotted on the web.
Push accelerator shampoo
This home-made shampoo builds on the virtues of castor oil, a must-have to accelerate the growth of her hair while strengthening it. Combined with Nard jatamansi essential oil, with similar properties, and grapefruit, which limits the fall, it becomes a formidable remedy to get a long mane quickly.
- Tensioactive SLSA 15g
- Tensioactive Sodium coco sulphate 35 g
- Mineral water 9g
- Vegetable oil Ricin BIO 7.5 g
- Amla BIO Ayurvedic Plant (powder) 7.5g
- Nard jatamansi essential oil 0.4 g or 16 drops
- Bourbon Bourbon essential oil 0.4 g or 16 drops
- Grapefruit Essential Oil 1.1g
To Make It:
- Melt SLSA and coconut sulphate sodium with mineral water in a double boiler over low heat. Mix throughout the heat, crushing the mixture against the bowl wall to form a homogeneous sticky dough. Tip: Crush the mixture with a pestle for a better result.
- Outside the double boiler, add the rest of the ingredients and mix for a long time to homogenize.
- Fill the mould with your preparation, avoiding air bubbles. Tip: Lightly oil your mold before putting your preparation into it for easier removal.
- Cool in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes before unmoulding.
- Allow your bar shampoo to dry at room temperature at least 48 hours before use.
Bath oils to grow hair
In addition to castor oil, mustard oil is one of the most effective ingredients to stimulate the growth of her hair. Used for centuries, it sheaths the hair fiber and helps fight dandruff. Coconut oil, on the other hand, nourishes and makes the hair shiny, while nigella oil (prized from acne-prone skin) acts as a natural anti-fall.
- 50ml Coco vegetable oil
- 25ml Nigella vegetable oil
- 25ml Mustard vegetable oil
To Make It:
- Insert coconut oil, then mustard oil and finally nigella oil into an empty bottle.
- Apply about two tablespoons to the scalp and massage for about 10 minutes. Spread the rest on the lengths and leave under a towel for at least one hour.
Rickshaw stimulator mask
Very effective, the combination of these ingredients will give a second youth to tired hair – especially thanks to amla powder – and boost their growth. A complete mask to find a dream mane!
- 1 teaspoon amla powder
- 3 teaspoons Shikakai powder
- 2 tablespoons castor oil
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk (canned)
- 4 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil
To Make It:
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl with a spoon.
- Wet your hair slightly.
- Apply the mask to your scalp and massage well.
- Leave on for 20 minutes under a warm towel.
- Rinse your hair and apply your usual shampoo.
Natural care for long hair
Ideal for strengthening brittling hair, borage oil activates it grows while tightening the scales. It is associated here with ylang ylang essential oil, especially suitable for dull and dry hair.
- 45 drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Complete
- 15 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1 tablespoon Bourrache vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Ricin vegetable oil
To Make It:
- Add all the ingredients to an empty 50ml bottle and homogenize.
- Apply ends to roots and leave for 30 minutes before rinsing and using your usual shampoo.
Stimulating lotion to promote hair growth
This lotion combines the properties of the best essential oils to grow your hair naturally, including rosemary essential oil, a growth booster.
- 120 ml jojoba oil
- 40 drops of cineole rosemary essential oil
- 25 drops of basil essential oil
- 20 drops of lemon essential oil
- 15 drops of fine lavender essential oil
- 15 drops of lemongrass essential oil
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
To Make It:
- Pour all the essential oils into a bottle and then the jojoba oil.
- Close the cork and shake the bottle vigorously for 2 minutes, to mix all the ingredients.
- Reserve the bottle for 24 hours away from the light, at room temperature, before use.
- Apply the lotion to the scalp for 30 minutes or overnight for intensive care.