Hair Routine: The Guide to Beautiful and Strong Hair
Knowing how to make your hair When it comes to beauty in general, hair is an important criterion. For both men and women, hair is more than just a physical feature, but a guarantor of beauty, self-confidence and pride. But why does hair have such a big impact on our mood and self-esteem?
According to some experts, just after the eyes and the smile, hair is the third reason for the greatest number of compliments a person can receive. “It suits your hair like that”, “You have beautiful hair”, etc…
While the smile and the eyes are not so easy to change, the hair is, so you might as well enjoy it, right? And nothing can cheer you up as much as a new hairstyle or a haircut.
But to get the best out of your hairstyle, it’s important to take care of it and establish a hair routine that matches your hair type, budget and lifestyle.
What is a hair routine?
There is no doubt that your hair is one of the fundamental expressions of your unique personality. When the hairstyle goes, everything goes, you could almost say. Unfortunately, there are a plethora of reasons that contribute to dry, damaged and dull hair. If it is not a genetic disease that causes hair loss, it should be related to your hair care routine.
A hair care routine is the care you bring to your hair every day or every week to keep it beautiful and healthy. Having a hair care routine is essential if you want to have healthy hair.
This routine can range from spraying water on your hair to a more complex method like the LHC method (liquid, oil, cream). The right hair care routine ensures that your hair maintains a healthy appearance and feel. The lack of a proper hair care routine can damage your hair or worsen its condition.
Why establish a hair routine?
There are many benefits to having a hair routine to take care of your hair. And don’t think that your rare visits to the hairdresser can suffice.
Improving hair growth
Environmental factors, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, excessive styling and constant touch of your hair can all prevent desirable hair growth. All these things compromise the health of your hair. Air pollution such as car exhaust gases and styling devices such as straighteners, curling irons and excessive use of hairsle can all damage your hair and make it brittle.
If you find that all of these factors have a negative impact on the growth and durability of your hair, consider changing your hairstyle habits. A healthy hair routine is a routine that will improve the growth and regrowth of your hair by avoiding the previously cited harmful effects.
Ending scalp problems with a good hair routine
What many people don’t realize about the importance of having healthy hair is that it is often related to a healthy scalp. When you take care of your hair by washing it, nourishing it and even applying sunscreen or wearing a hat to protect it from the sun, you take care of your scalp at the same time. This will prevent your scalp from drying out and burning because of powerful UV rays.
In turn, a moist and well-groomed scalp thanks to a good hair routine also means that you won’t have to worry about dandruff in your hair or on your clothes. Practical isn’t it?
Softer, brighter and healthier hair
Keep in mind that healthy hair is generally a strong indicator of overall good health. And the reverse is also true. If your hair becomes dry, dull and breaks easily, it means that you may not absorb enough vitamins and nutrients or your body is not absorbing it properly for some reason.
A suitable hair routine is the solution to having healthy hair by providing them with the right vitamins. In any case, you should discuss this with your hairdresser, as they can advise you on the best course of action depending on your case.
If you are looking for an excellent hairdresser then know that thanks to Hello Hairdresser you can find the best hairdresser in your city with a click. Just look for your city below:
Find the best hairdressers in your city and make an appointment with a click, free of charge with Hello Hairdresser:
Increase your self-confidence
A well-coiffed head with healthy hair is very often the source of many compliments, which is sure to brighten up your day. Having beautiful hair is a huge confidence booster and there’s nothing wrong with that! This is one more great reason to set up an effective hair routine.
How do you establish a good hair routine that’s right for you?
Entering a hair routine is like embarking on a skin care routine. Once you’ve found one that’s right for you, you’ll rarely get lost.
But the process of finding this routine can seem a bit long and tedious, especially when you don’t know where and where to start. Here’s a look at everything you need to know to find the hair care ritual that’s right for you.
The key factors your hair routine should depend on
From the nature of your hair to the styles you prefer, these elements will change the hair routine you need to establish.
Your natural hair texture or type
Your hair may be thin or thick and fall into one of four categories:
- Smooth or stiff
Everyone has its pros and cons. For example, straight hair usually gives a greasy appearance faster than curly hair because of the oil that penetrates quickly into the heart of the hair fiber.
Impacts of coloring and discoloration on a hair routine
If your hair has come into contact with a dye, ammonia or chemicals, you may need to think very carefully about your hair routine.
People with dyed hair are advised not to wash them every day to avoid premature discoloration and dryness. And discolored hair may require extra nutrition in the form of conditioner or hair masks. The products tend to dry out the hair.
The best thing you can do during your hair routine is if you have colored or bleached hair and use some sweet almond oil every morning. To do this spread a few drops in the palm of your hands and massage your hair and scalp from the roots to the tips.
The advantage of sweet almond oil is that it is very rich in vitamins, proteins and it remains very light. Therefore it will not grease your hair and will be absorbed very quickly.
How do you wear your hair every day?
Do you like to smooth your hair? Lock them up? Leave it completely natural? This is another thing you will need to consider, especially if you are a fan of straightening or curling irons that use heat to tame your hair.
Indeed, the heat badly damages the hair. To protect them apply again sweet almond oil or other vegetable oil on your hair before using your curling or smoothing iron.
The guide to achieving a good hair routine step by step
Although your hair type and daily habits change your hair routine in some ways, there are a few basic steps to systematically follow to establish a good hair routine.
1 – Cleaning in your hair routine: shampoo (3x per week) and brushing (daily)
Cleaning is a balance between removing elements such as dead skin and product residues without stripping hair of their natural oils. Without proper washing, sebum builds up, leaving unwanted fat on the hair. The same will be true for dead skin if they are not removed.
The first step in a hair routine is to clean your hair properly. For this a shampoo every 3 days maximum so as not to dry them. The other days brush your hair well with a soft bristle brush. This removes excess sebum and dead skin without abusing shampoos.
2 – Revitalize your hair: after each shampoo
Conditioners have a myriad of advantages. The main thing is to moisturize the hair, but others include detangling, shine and reducing frizz. The best conditioners are good after shampoos. Therefore always use an after shampoo after you have washed your hair.
3 – Moisturizing and nourishing is important in your hair routine: every day
The next step is to moisturize and nourish your hair. To do this use a vegetable oil such as the famous sweet almond oil or castor oil.
If you washed your hair do it after you simply wiped it but before using your hairdryer.
4 – Untangle to prevent breaks: every day
Untangling is essential in a hair routine to stop the breakage and to make it easier for you to breathe your hair properly. But you have to use the right tool, like a wide-toothed comb, to avoid tearing hair by mistake. Depending on your hair type, you may need to untangle it every day or much less often.
5 – Styling and Protecting: Everyday
With a number of tools and tricks like foams, waxes, hairs and gels, you can style your hair almost as you like to plate or give volume. But if you are a fan of heating tools, you will need to protect your hair beforehand with a thermal protection spray. Also be careful: some products should be avoided in a hair routine, such as gel that tends to suffocate hair.
6 – One-time care: 1x per week
Every week try to do a treatment with a natural nourishing mask.
It’s a good thing we’ve written you a full article on homemade hair masks to achieve yourself in minutes: access our article on homemade hair masks here.
The best products for your hair routine
Now that you know the right steps in an effective hair routine, you should ask yourself what products to use to set it up. Instead, try to find the right ones for you.
The best shampoos and shampoos for your hair routine
- Clarifying shampoo. A purifying shampoo allows you to act deeply to eliminate the accumulation of residue and sebum of the hair without assaulting them. Limit usage to about once a week, that’s enough. It’s not always easy to find a good clarifying shampoo on the big surface, so we’ve selected the best clarifying shampoo to order with a click on the internet, with the most interesting value for money.
- Clarifying shampoo to purify hair
- pH neutral so as not to assault hair
- An environmentally friendly and professional quality brand
- Daily shampoo. Used for regular washing, this shampoo may not need to be applied daily contrary to what its name indicates, but every time your hair seems to need a good cleaning. As we told you previously do not wash your hair more than 3 times a week maximum. Use a non-aggressive shampoo, if possible without sulphate, which tend to seriously dry the hair. If you’re having trouble finding a sulphate-free shampoo here’s the best you can find, with a customer rating of 4/5 out of more than 145 reviews. Plus with a price of less than 15 euros for more than 500mL you will not find better value for money.
- Sulphate-free shampoo for regular use
- Avoids drying hair
- Enriched with keratin to strengthen your hair and make it softer
- Dry shampoos. Finally, you can also use a dry shampoo on days when you don’t have time to wash your hair in the water. These shampoos have the advantage of purifying the hair and removing the excess sebum in just a few seconds. We have also written you a complete guide on the 5 best dry shampoos on the market.
After-shampoos and conditioners for your hair routine
A good after-shampoo allows you to strengthen your hair and protect it after washing it, that is, when it is most fragile. It is best to apply it useless however to massage the scalp with your shampoo since its effectiveness focuses only on the hair and this could instead give an appearance thanks to your roots. You can use an after shampoo without rinsing that you will apply after washing your hair and rinsing your shampoo, like a classic after shampoo, but that you will not rinse afterwards. This allows an increased level of nutrition for your hair.
You can also use a deep conditioning conditioner conditioner for even more hydration and nutrition. These are ideal after shampoos for dry hair.
Here are the best after shampoos on the market with an interesting value:
- Feeds and protects hair after washing it
- To be applied to this wet confession after washing, do not rinse afterwards
- Rated 4/5 by more than 790 customers
- Ultra-nourishing shampoo to revitalize dry and damaged hair
- Best value for money on the market for a professional quality product
What essential oils to use for your hair routine
As far as oils are concerned, very little is enough: a few drops in the palm of your hands that you then spread over your entire hair. The two best hair oils are sweet almond oil because it is very nourishing and at the same time very light. It therefore avoids creating a greasy effect on your hair and is quickly absorbed.
The second best oil is the famous castor oil, which nourishes the hair deeply and helps to accelerate its growth and strengthen it.
If you don’t know where to find these essential oils here is a small selection of the best on the market for a (very) affordable price:
- Super light oil to nourish her hair without making it greasy
- Perfect for fine hair or everyday use
- 100% organic
- Boosts hair and beard growth
- Has many vitamins to soften hair and revitalize it
- 100% organic
The detangler for your hair routine
The main tool to untangle your hair is simply a good comb or brush.
Be aware that wet hair can break more easily when combed, so you prefer to untangle hair when it is dry, as far as possible of course. If you use a comb also prefer a wide-toothed comb.
If you want to use a brush know that different types of brushes exist. Some find that the hairs are too hard for their hair, so opt for a soft hair version. Try brushing your hair once a day. In fact, in addition to untangling them it allows to remove excess sebum and impurities without having to wash them.
If you feel pain while brushing or combing, please apply a detangling spray beforehand.
Here are the best combs, brushes and detangling spray on the market if you’re having trouble finding them:
- Contains a professional-quality brush and comb to easily untangle your hair without pain
- The highest rated spray on the market with an average score of 4.5/5 for more than 680 reviews
- Enriched with silk protein to make your hair softer and shiny
Styling and protecting with the right products
There are different products to style your hair. Here is a list of which ones you can and can’t use in your hair routine:
- It sounds super retro, but the modern styling foam adds texture and volume to the hair and can even improve the rendering of your curls. Plus, it doesn’t leave a sticky feeling. Therefore this is by far the best product if you want to achieve a hairstyle with the outfit without your hair being frozen.
- You can also turn to styling wax. It is a thicker product but offers more hold while increasing shine. In addition, it does not tend to freeze hair like hairsalon or gel and therefore has a more natural look.
- However, you are advised not to freeze. Indeed, it is a product that tends to asphyxiate the hair and leave a lot of residue. Therefore your hair will tend to be fatter as it will secrete more sebum and you may have more dandruff.
- Finally you can also turn to hairsalon. Today’s capillary hairssle sprays have different levels and can even target problems such as frizz to make them disappear. Unlike in previous years, they do not leave hair very straight in order to add naturalness to the final rendering.
The care to use in voting hair routine
There are also several types of care. You can choose one in particular if you have a problem such as scalp, dandruff or dry hair or alternate treatments:
- Scalp treatment. An exfoliating treatment of the scalp can stimulate blood circulation and improve hair growth but also calm problems such as itching. Use once or twice a month.
- Protein treatment. Frizzy or broken hair may require an extra dose of protein. These monthly treatments fill these gaps by strengthening and slicking the strands. We’ve written a specific guide to protein care to explain everything about them.
- Nourishing mask. Often infused with nourishing ingredients, hair masks should be left in place for several minutes to thoroughly restore hair and remedy dryness, split ends or frizz.
Some general tips and tricks for all hair types to apply in your hair routine
Finally, it is useful to know some practical elements that apply to all hair textures and concerns to facilitate your hair routine:
- Cut your spikes regularly. If your hair looks bad, it may be because it needs a small haircut. Cutting hair every 6 to 8 weeks is considered beneficial for reducing breakage and split ends as well as growth. So make an appointment at your hairdresser’. It’s possible with just a few clicks on Hello Hairdresser.
- Use lukewarm, not hot water. Using too hot water damages the hair fiber and eventually drys your hair. Therefore, use lukewarm water instead when making your shampoos. The best is to use cold water, which tends to soften and soften your hair.
- Make sure you consume nutrients in your diet. Even your diet can be beneficial for your hair. Hair is a reflection of your overall health. Protein, which is also the building block of hair, will only reach hair if it is in sufficient numbers. If you miss it, expect to notice fragility and drought. Iron is also an important source of life for hair. When the body does not have enough, hair growth can be affected. Vitamins A and C are also worth research. The first is necessary to produce natural hair oils, while the second facilitates collagen production, thus strengthening the hair. And don’t forget omega-3 fatty acids. These are necessary for hydration and overall scalp health.
Now you know what you need to do to set up a hair routine that will allow your hair to be softer, stronger and brighter.