The Best Hair Supplements – Reviews
Hair is a greedy one: for it to be built it must be nourished. And its keratin, the basic element of hair fiber, needs vitamins, fatty acids and minerals to grow. A varied and balanced diet and a good lifestyle remain the basis for a beautiful healthy, shiny and provided hair.
But if your hair shows signs of weakness the intake of a dietary supplement or a vitamin cure can improve their condition, whether it is to repair a lack of vitality due to transient fatigue or hair loss.
These intakes will have an effect on both the tone and appearance of the hair. Difficult to navigate, in the different possibilities available to you? We explain the differences between different complementary foods and the main beneficial vitamins for hair.
Our opinion on the best hair supplements
Arkopharma Forcapil: Dietary supplement containing vitamins B and D
- Aimed at people wishing to maintain the beauty of their hair and their hair…
- Take 2 Forcapil capsules orally in the morning during your lunch,…
- Keep a balanced, varied and balanced diet
Forcapil hair and nails, Arkophrma. Food supplement.
Ingredients: vitamin complex B, vitamin D, cystine, metionine, biotin, zinc.
Tips for use: 2 capsules in the morning for 2 to 4 months.
Nature’s Way Biotin Forte 3mg with Zinc: Effective against hair loss
- THE SECRETS BEAUTE OF THE BIOTINE ✦ Nicknamed Vitamin H, B7 or B8, the…
- A UNIQUE SYNERGIE ✦ In order to increase its efficiency, our Biotine is enriched…
- NEW FORMULE WITHOUT EXCIPIENT ✦ For even more visible effects, our…
Biotine. Food supplement hair optimized by zinc synergy and selenium high vitamin B8 content.
Hair growth accelerator, strong nails, perfect glowing skin. Ingredients: rice extract, vegetable capsule, zinc citrate, seenomethionin.
Tip: One capsule a day for one year. Results visible as early as 6 weeks.
Nutravita Biotine: With coconut oil for better absorption
- ✔ THE BIOTINE IS PART OF THE FAMILY OF VITAMINES B and plays an essential role…
- ✔ WHY TO THE BIOTINE – Biotin with coconut oil promotes…
- ✔ BOX XL – 365 tablets for daily use for a year. The…
Biotin with coconut oil, Nutravita. Hair food supplement.
Ingredients: inflating agents (dicalcium phosphate, microcrystalline cellulose), coconut oil powder (maltodextrin), anti-agglomerating agents (magnesium stearate, silicone dioxide).
Tips for use: one capsule a day for one year.
Amazing Nutrition Brewers Yeast Tablets: For the Well-being of Hair
- Organic Beer Yeast – 500mg 240 Tablets
- Organically grown product
- 2 to 3 tablets a day with a large glass of water during meals and in the…
Organic beer yeast 400 mg, Bio Atlantic. Ingredients for 3 tablets: 1200 MG beer yeast powder, magnesium carbonate. Organically grown product.
Tips for use: 2 to 3 tablets per day with a large glass of water during meals and as part of a balanced diet. 2-month cure.
The difference between hair supplements and vitamins
For starters, keratin is composed mainly of hair proteins (methionine and cysteine), which make up 90% of each hair. The rest is made up of water, pigments and lipids (natural fats).
Keratin is also present in fingernails and feet and in the skin, and guarantees firmness and resistance. As soon as the hair is in need of nutrients the effects are seen: they lose their tone, fall, renew themselves badly, dry out, dandruff appears…. This is why it is important to bring the right nutrients to these hair proteins.
Dietary supplements are one-off aids that can overcome deficiencies. These are concentrated sources of nutrients and other substances. They have a nutritional or physiological effect sometimes alone, sometimes combined.
They may therefore contain nutrients (vitamins and minerals), but not only. Dietary supplements may also contain plants, nutritional or physiological substances (fatty acids, cysteine, etc.), traditional ingredients (royal jelly…), additives and their supports.
Most hair supplements contain more or less the same components: vitamin B6, iron, zinc and sulfur amino acids such as cystine and methionine.
They are sold in the form of capsules to be taken once or twice a day, for several months, preferably at breakfast. Today, dietary supplements are no longer allowed to carry the “anti-fall” claim on their packaging, while lotions can still do so or anti-fall shampoos.
Many brands such as Forcapil hair and nails, Arkopharma, Biotine with coconut oil, Nutravita or Biotine 10,000 g nutriméa market “turnkey” dietary supplements for hair, specifically dosed and easy to use.
If you prefer individual dietary supplements,a number are preferred for healthy hair.
In the micronutrient family, zinc is particularly important for both the skin and hair: this anti-oxidant helps to strengthen the keratin of the hair, fixing the proteins between them. It is involved in the synthesis of essential fatty acids, and is essential for mobilizing vitamin A. It also acts on acne and cellular youth. Vegetarians/vegetarians are more likely to be zinc-cured. It is found in garlic, seafood including oysters, beef, veal liver, whole grains, cocoa, nuts and seeds… But watch out for the overdose!
In the family of mineral salts, whose doses are needed in greater quantities than for trace elements, magnesium should not be overlooked, absolutely essential to our good health. Indeed, it is an anti-oxidant particularly useful in case of hair loss. It regulates nervous tension and helps to combat stress, itself a factor of hair loss. It activates all B vitamins and it contributes to hair growth by using and absorbing other nutrients. It is useful to properly fix calcium in combination with vitamin B6. The main sources of magnesium are found in green vegetables, pulses, oilseed fruits, whole grains.
This microscopic fungus is rich in vitamin B6 (4mg per 100g) and trace elements. It gives results on the quality and possibly the hair growth. It effectively attacks the various toxins in the body. It also helps not to get sick, improve your digestive system and have healthier nails. For effective results, a yeast beer cure should be done for 2 months at 2 grams three times a day.
She is best known for working positively on cell regeneration. It is effective in case of hair loss or brittling hair. It is advisable to do a cure of several months at the height of one capsule per day.
It works well on dry, thin and fragile hair. Be careful, however, not to abuse it: 3.5 g per day is the maximum dose. This dietary supplement also protects the cardiovascular system, and facilitates the functioning of cells, in particular.
This microalgae, considered a superfood, contains many essential elements. It promotes hair growth, and it makes it resistant. We can take it in rehab for 3 months.
Deficiency of this essential trace element can lead straight to hair loss. Iron is found in meats, deli meats, offal, shellfish, plants, some fruits, grain foods, or eggs. Iron stimulates hair growth.
Sulphur amino acids
As for them, help with hair growth,control the secretion of sebum, help to remove impurities that prevent the roots from developing. The hair’s raw material, keratin, can be strengthened with an adequate intake of sulfur amino acids (meat, fish) combined with zinc.
Few are the side effects caused by these hair supplements but it is still recommended to read the instructions carefully so that any use is used.
What about vitamins?
Vitamins are also very useful for improving the condition of her hair. A three-month vitamin treatment can help strengthen hair resistance and growth and moderate sebum secretion from the sebaceous glands. It can also treat dandruff, and help moisturize scalps that are too dry. When one thinks of hair, B vitamins are the first that come to mind. But the others are just as indispensable.
Group B vitamins for hair
B vitamins are used to renew hair follicle cells. They also help to produce proteins for keratin. Consuming B vitamins is good for healthy hair. Namely:
- Vitamin B2 allows the hair to have a strengthened protein structure. It is present in offal, fish, dairy, yeast.
- Vitamin B5,also known as bepamene, contributes to hair growth. It is useful when the hair is not dense enough. It is also a major component of keratin, the main component of hair. Thanks to it the hair fiber can regenerate. Taken at the same time as vitamin B8, it is effective against hair loss. However, some recommend not taking them at the same time. It is present in most foods. Eggs, meats, offal, and beer yeast are particularly rich in vitamin B5.
- Vitamin B6 is involved in the metabolism of amino acids. Thanks to it the hair fiber is strengthened. Vitamin B6 can also be used to renew red blood cells. Most foods contain it, especially oily fish, poultry, beer yeast, wheat germ.
- Vitamin B8,also known as biotin, allows the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. It also regulates the production of sebum. Together with vitamin B5 it gives impetus to cell growth and it prevents hair loss. It is found in almost all foods, especially in liver, beer yeast, almonds.
- Vitamin B12 ensures the proper functioning of cells and the production of red blood cells. It contributes to the good condition of the skin and it allows to renew the hair follicle. It is found in meats, offal, seafood, dairy products, eggs, and spirulina.
- Vitamin B3,also called vitamin PP, activates blood flow to the hairline. This stimulates hair follicle renewal and accelerates hair growth. This vitamin also plays on the nervous system. It is found in good quantities in offal, poultry, beer yeast, peanuts.
Other essential vitamins for healthy hair
- Vitamin E is consumed in tandem with essential fatty acids (omega 3 and 6). These nourish the deep layers of the skin and moisturize the scalp. They are also used to make new cells in the hair growth area and nourish ceramides, the oily substances that together with keratin form the cuticle of the hair and ensure its shine.
Taken together, essential fatty acids and vitamin E make hair less dry and less brittling. The hair is lubricated. They are found in walnut oil, grape seeds, sunflower (cold press), wheat germs, cold sea fish, fish eggs…
- Vitamin A protects the scalp and has a moisturizing and anti-infective effect on it. It helps to grow and protect the hair, helps to lubricate it. It also prevents peeling (dandruff states).
It is found in eggs, dairy products, liver, butter. Also beware of excess vitamin A: they can cause dandruff, itching, dryness and hair loss. It is better to absorb it in the form of provitamin (beta-carotene), which is not toxic and thus avoids the risk of hypervitaminosis. It also has an anti-oxidant role.
- Vitamin D seems to play a key role in hair growth and renewal. Vitamin D deficiency may worsen hair loss. A doctor may prescribe supplementation. It appears that the French population does not have a satisfactory level of vitamin D. It is found in oily fish, and by exposing itself to the sun.