WHY WE LOVE TREE OIL FOR YOUR SCALP!
Restore strength and shine to your hair with natural care with essential oil of Tea Tree (Tea Tree) . Tea tree oil on your scalp has purifying, hydrating and anti-seborrheic actions help rebalance the scalp and fight against dandruff and hair loss . These benefits without the risk of irritation are very remarkable!
Attacks from external factors, stress, the use of styling products, deficiencies in iron, copper, zinc, silicon and B vitamins are often at the origin of imbalances in the processes of natural renewal of the skin of the scalp and the scalp. sebum production. This imbalance causes various problems including dandruff and excessive hair loss.
Excessive hair loss:
During the process of natural renewal we lose on average between 45 and 100 hairs per day, on the other hand the same number of hairs grow back every day, thus balancing the volume of the hair. However, there are some factors that can cause this process to become imbalanced and lead to excessive hair loss.
One of the causes of excessive hair loss is an overproduction of sebum. The sebum secreted in excess remains stagnated in the follicle instead of being evacuated along a hair. Thus, in the root invaded by sebum, the hair no longer holds and falls out. A new hair grows in its place but also falls out quickly due to the non-maturity of the mother cell contained in a follicle . So in a short time the follicle becomes almost sterile.
To unclog the follicles and prevent hair loss, it is necessary to rebalance the production of sebum. The antibacterial and antifungal qualities of Tea Tree essential oil help purify the scalp by eliminating infectious microorganisms often responsible for imbalance in sebum production. The essence of Tea Tree gently cleanses the follicles without damaging the hair or the scalp and thus prevents their premature fall.
The natural renewal of the skin of the scalp consists of the production of new cells in the deep layers of the skin and the removal of dead cells invisibly. In the case of the acceleration of this renewal, caused by the factors mentioned above but also by fungi or inflammation, the cells no longer have enough time to detach from one another and accumulate on the scalp surface, forming scabs.
The over-secretion of sebum can also be the cause of dandruff because the fatty environment created by the overproduction of sebum becomes very favorable for the development of a Malassezia fungus . This fungus will consume the lipids present in the sebum and produce the acids which are very irritating to the skin by causing itching. By scratching it causes inflammation which further accelerates the process of cell renewal which leads to a greater formation of dandruff.
The application of tea tree for your scalp is very beneficial in treating dandruff. The purifying powers of tea tree oil help regulate sebum production and its antifungal actions prevent the reproduction of fungi and eliminate them without damaging the scalp.
A study published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology showed the effectiveness of the application of 5% EO Tea Tree shampoo for the treatment of dandruff. Likewise, this efficacy has been proven in another study conducted in the Department of Dermatology at the University of Leipzig .
Use of Tea Tree essential oil in hair care
The antiseptic effects of Tea Tree essential oil help eliminate infectious microorganisms and unclog the sebaceous glands, rebalance sebum secretion and thus prevent premature hair loss. The anesthetic qualities of Tea Tree essence soothe itching which helps prevent inflammation. Antifungal, tea tree essential oil eliminates pathogenic fungi and helps eliminate dandruff.
- Shampoo with HE Tea Tree (1%):
Add 20 drops of Tea Tree essential oil in 100 ml of mild shampoo for use 2-3 times per week. Pay attention to the protection of your eyes.
Keep this shampoo closed in a place protected from light to preserve the qualities of the essence of Tea Tree.
- Mask with HE Tea Tree and vegetable oil (2%):
Mix 6 drops of EO Tea Tree with 2 tablespoons of jojoba (hair tonic) or coconut (hair nourishing) vegetable oil . Apply this mixture on the scalp, massage lightly, until you have covered the entire head. Cover the head with a towel and leave on for 1 hour. Then apply the mild shampoo to the still dry hair to which you add HE Tea Tree (20 drops per 100ml). Wash and rinse the hair with lukewarm water. Remember to protect your eyes.
To repeat once a week until the disappearance of dandruff.
To choose the right tea tree essential oil, you have to take into account a few criteria to ensure its quality. To help you make your choice read this article .
- Mask with HE Tea Tree and Aloe Vera (2%):
Put in a bowl 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera Gel . Then add 6 drops of tea tree essential oil and mix. Apply this mixture to the roots of the hair using a brush. Massage your scalp and leave on for 1 hour. Finally, shampoo gently and rinse.
Aloe Vera gel contributes to the hydration of the hair, its actions allow to relieve itching and eliminate bacteria.
You can repeat this procedure once a week.
- Cosmetics with HE Tea Tree for hair care:
Many cosmetic brands use tea tree oil in their products. So you can find shampoos containing the essence of Melaleuca Alternifolia (Latin name for tea tree) already ready to use.
Warning ! Even though Tea Tree essential oil is considered to be very tolerant of the skin and scalp, it is important to perform a tolerance test before its first use to avoid any side effects in case of very sensitive skin.
Regular use of tea tree essential oil in hair care helps get rid of dandruff and decrease hair loss. However, to keep these problems from coming back and your hair to stay healthy follow some tips below.
Protect and improve the health of the scalp and hair
To protect hair from different problems first of all it is necessary to determine your hair type. This knowledge will allow you to choose the right products and treatments for your hair’s needs without damaging it.
- While washing the hair, take the time to massage your scalp well. This improves blood circulation, oxygenates the scalp and promotes hair growth.
- Avoid washing your hair more than 3 times a week.
- Choose a mild shampoo suitable for your hair type. Avoid acidic shampoos.
- When choosing anti-dandruff shampoo, carefully consider what type of film it is intended for (greasy, dry, transient, etc.)
- Don’t use anti-dandruff shampoo if you don’t have dandruff! This can lead to the opposite effects.
- Once a week, make a mask with Tea Tree oil followed by shampoo with HE Tea Tree to purify your scalp and prevent the imbalance of sebum production.
- Use the wooden brushes and combs, they are much less aggressive on the hair.
- When brushing, handle your hair gently without pulling and tearing it.
- During the treatment of dandruff regularly clean the hairbrush with the antiseptic product to eliminate bacteria and fungi. Tea Tree essential oil is ideal for this use.
Other protective actions:
- Avoid the use of styling products
- Use the hair dryer, straightener and curling iron as little as possible
- Do not overdo it with hair dyeing, space out the dyeing and perming sessions as much as possible.
- Stress and a poor diet are also often the cause of hair problems . A good diet and regular relaxation exercises will greatly improve the state of your health.