Zinc for Hair
When we talk about zinc, it is often the batteries and metallurgy that come to mind first. But do you know that zinc for hair is an essential nutrient? It is effective in stopping hair loss. Then, it also promotes regrowth while fortifying the hair fibers. It is the ideal trace element for having beautiful hair. To get to know it better, discover in this guide the essentials to know about zinc!
What are the benefits of zinc for hair?
Zinc for hair plays a very important role in the beauty and health of hair fiber. Not only does it allow to have shiny, supple and fortified hair, but it also helps to prevent hair loss, breakage, the appearance of dandruff and premature aging.
Make hair silky, shiny, supple, healthy and film-free
A sufficient intake of zinc makes it possible to benefit from silky and healthy hair. This helps to maintain shiny and supple hair and also to get rid of dandruff and irritations.
Avoid hair loss
A good intake of zinc for the hair also helps to avoid alopecia or hair loss. Normally, a person loses 50-100 hairs a day. So if you lose a larger amount of it, you suffer from alopecia and you have to increase your daily intake of zinc while trying to detect the cause of your alopecia to provide really suitable solutions.
In the meantime, zinc for the hair will stop the fall and will strengthen your hair fibers in order to prevent the future fall. It will also stimulate the growth of your hair to replace lost hair.
Slow down premature aging with zinc for hair
In addition, zinc contributes to the synthesis of two proteins that make up hair fibers: keratin and collagen. Thus, it can therefore protect the hair from premature aging and it can also help them keep their pigmentation longer while limiting their refinement.
What are the signs of a lack of zinc for the hair?
Symptoms of zinc deficiency for hair can vary from person to person. You may lose your hair or your hair may become thin or britper. In fact, hair is like nails, it is made of keratin and it needs zinc to grow and to stay healthy.
If this mineral is present in high concentrations in the epidermis, it can ensure its role in differentiating keratinocytes. So it will be able to beautify and strengthen the hair. If necessary, that is, in case of zinc deficiency, the hair becomes thin and britper and it will start to fall. This will cause alopecia and premature aging of the hair.
Necessary daily intake of zinc for hair
In any case, it is to be said that zinc deficiency mainly affects people who live in developing countries. And it also concerns people who are unable to fill a sufficient daily intake of this trace element, including: from 8 to 9 mg in adolescent girls and adult women; 11 to 12 mg in pregnant or lactating women and 11 mg in adult adolescents and men.
On the other hand, most vegetarians also suffer from a lack of zinc. The reason for this is simple because they do not consume meat, crustaceans and fish, whereas it is mainly in these foods that zinc can be found. And on top of that, zinc of plant origin is not well assimilated by the human organism.
In which foods to find zinc for hair?
As noted above, the foods that contain the most zinc are meats, fish and seafood. But it is also possible to compensate for a zinc deficiency for the hair by betting on certain vegetables and dried fruits. Among other things, it is possible to find zinc for hair in:
- oysters (39.3 mg/100 g)
- pumpkin seeds (7 mg/100 g)
- sesame seeds (7 mg/100 g)
- hemp seeds (7 mg/100 g)
- roasted wheat germ (16.7 mg/100 g)
- egg yolk (7.73 mg/100 g)
- dried shiitakés (7.66 mg/100 g)
- squash seeds (7.64 mg/100 g)
- cocoa powder (13.64 mg/100 g)
- veal liver (12.02 mg/100 g)
- lentils (3.60 mg/100 g)
- dry beans (2.5 mg/100 g)
- split peas (2.5 mg/100 g)
- beef (9.25 mg/100 g)
- cashew seeds (5.35 mg/100 g)
Recipe ideas to consume enough zinc for hair on a daily basis
Veal paupiettes and lentils
To fill up with zinc for the hair, you are advised to prepare veal paupiettes and lenses. It is a zinc-rich recipe that is easy and quick to prepare. It requires a preparation time of 10 minutes and a cooking time of 30 minutes and it requires as ingredients: 4 veal paupiettes, 70 g of green lentils, half an onion, 2 carrots, a bouquet topped with laurel and thyme, salt, pepper and other spices at your convenience.
To make it, you need to return your paupiettes in a pan for 3 to 5 minutes in order to release the juices. Then, you need to charge them at 200° for about 30 minutes. At the same time, you need to cook your lentils in water, and when it begins to boil, you need to add the garnished bouquet, half onion and minced carrots. At the end of cooking, you need to mix everything, salt, pepper and season and you can serve your dish.
Sautéed soybean shoots
If you do not like lentils, another alternative is available to you to supplement your daily intake of zinc. You can, indeed, concoct sautéed soybean shoots.
To do this, you need to gather first of all: 125 g of soy shoots, a red pepper, 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds, 3 tablespoons of sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of salted soy sauce, 125 g of tofu, salt and pepper.
Then you need to return in a sautéer the peppers minced in sesame oil for 5 minutes. The next step is to add the soy shoots, cubed tofu, soy sauce and sesame seeds. And finally, you need to cook for 20 minutes, salt and pepper.
How to maintain a sufficient intake of zinc for the hair?
Since the human body is not able to store zinc for hair or produce it itself, it is necessary to consume enough zinc on a daily basis.
Adopt a balanced and healthy diet
It is indeed necessary to adopt a balanced and healthy diet and not only a zinc-enriched diet for the hair. When we say balanced and healthy diet, it is not a question of following a specific diet or depriving oneself of certain foods.
Rather, it is a question of providing a caloric intake proportionate to the energy expenditure of each person and also to age, build and general condition. In other words, a balanced plate guarantees both a good protein intake, a good vegetable intake and a good starchy intake.
For good food hygiene, it is also necessary to make regular 3 meals a day and it is not necessary to skip meals to avoid cravings. You have to have a real breakfast by focusing on low-fat foods and whole grains. Then, it is necessary to limit the consumption of alcoholic beverages as well as the frequency of good meals and meals that are too plentiful. On the other hand, you have to drink a lot of water, whether it is hot or cold water.
Finally, a balanced diet is also a varied diet. A particular food should not be abused. Recipes should be varied by consuming meats, fish, eggs, legumes, dairy products, grain products, starch products, vegetables and fruits per week.
Taking zinc dietary supplements for hair
In case of high zinc deficiency for hair, there is no harm in being interested in dietary supplements. It is precisely possible to obtain zinc in capsules or tablets, to be consumed as part of a healthy and varied diet.
These products are nowadays available in supermarkets, pharmacies, parapharmacies and online and they are not expensive. However, it is important to respect the recommended daily intakes to avoid excess zinc as well as the appearance of side effects.
Collagen Peptides Powder
- Each scoop contains 11grams of Type 1&3 Collagen Peptides
- Flavorless and mixes easily
- Collagen is one of the most important nutrients needed to ensure the health and vitality of your skin, hair, tendon, cartilage, bones, and joints.
- If you don’t see results within 90 days, simply return your product for a refund
Pure Encapsulations – UltraZin Zinc
- Revolutionary Microencapsulation Technology: Improves zinc absorption and bioavailability by using an innovative microencapsulation technology. Similar to a liposome, this method forms a phospholipid bilayer around the mineral, boosting solubility and absorbability.
- Essential Nutrition: Plays a critical role in a variety of physiological processes, including nutrient metabolism, energy production, and tissue formation.
- Immune Support: Enhances healthy immunological cell multiplication, activation, and activity while promoting immune defenses.
- Our supplements are prepared with only the highest-quality ingredients purchased from reputable suppliers and advised by our nutritional experts, then meticulously processed and tested to ensure their effectiveness and purity.
- Pure Difference: It’s not just our process or what goes into our supplements that sets us apart; it’s also what we keep out. Wheat, egg, and other allergens are not present in Pure Encapsulations products.
- THICKER HAIR GROWTH, HAIR LOSS TREATMENT, GROW FULLER HAIR, and AGING SUPPORT for SKIN and Nails: 5000mcg Biotin, Saw Palmetto, Hyaluronic Acid, Choline, Silica, Vitamin C, and 2000iu Vitamin D3. 28 herbs and vitamins.
- GLUTEN-FREE EXTRA STRENGTH HAIR LOSS SUPPLEMENTS and VEGETARIAN FORMULA ACCELERATES Thicker, Fuller Hair Growth, Stronger Nails, and Skin Anti-Aging with top components. SUPPORTS Thyroid Function with Natural Atlantic Kelp Iodine and Cleanses the Liver with Alpha Lipoic Acid and Fo Ti
- SCIENTIFICALLY RESEARCHED, TESTED BY A THIRD PARTY, and CERTIFIED TRICHOLOGIST HAS BEEN CREATED. GMP certified and manufactured in Southern California. Hair Growth Pills that are Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Wheat-Free, and Vegetarian are the best vitamin for hair growth.
- REVERSE HAIR LOSS in Men and Women Due to Nutritional Deficiencies, Thyroid Issues, Stress, Anemia, Low Vitamin D, Medications, Poor Diet, Veganism, and Vegetarianism L-Cysteine and Pine Bark Extract help to rebuild skin.
FoliGROWTH Ultimate Hair Nutraceutical – Get Thicker Hair, Reverse Diffuse Thinning Guaranteed
- Antioxidant vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C, Zinc, and Selenium support immune health.** Vitamin A increases skin hydration and promotes a youthful appearance.
- Beauty Gummies —- Vital Proteins Help You Shine Beauty Gummies is a supplement with a unique blend of beauty-centric nutrients to support healthy, hydrated skin, strong hair and nails, and a youthful appearance** Beauty-Centric Nutrients —-
- Our Beauty Gummies are gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free, as well as free of synthetic colors and flavors.
- Strawberry Flavor with a Great Taste —- Protect your health with our strawberry-flavored Beauty Gummies, which are convenient and delightful. The non-GMO canola oil improves the texture and mouthfeel of the gummy by enhancing its overall gelatin structure!
Vital Proteins Beauty Gummies
To maintain its zinc reserves for the hair at a sufficient threshold, it is also necessary to sleep well. It is necessary to respect the duration of sleep necessary to recover, that is to say, it is necessary to sleep on average seven to eight hours per night.
And besides the quantity, the quality of sleep should not be taken lightly. It is necessary to favor a soothing and relaxing sleep that really allows to recover. Then, you have to sleep on a bed lying down and not sitting on a sofa or sitting in the car.
People who lack sleep are often those who have difficulty falling asleep and also those who suffer from a particular disease or who have to assume responsibilities during the night such as: caring for a baby or working.
Avoid taking exciting
Finally, it should be noted that zinc reserves for hair can be depleted if stimulants such as tea, coffee and tobacco are taken. Tea and coffee can actually cause adverse effects such as irritability, nervousness, insomnia, and also a diuretic effect, impaired heart rate and gastrointestinal disorders.
In other words, they do not allow you to have a good lifestyle, get enough sleep, be in great shape and protect yourself from stressful situations. This means that they can cause zinc deficiency.
Protecting yourself from stressful situations
As for stress, it can also have harmful consequences on the man’s body, on the skin and on the hair. From one, it can cause cardiovascular disease and an increase in blood pressure. Of two, it can weaken the human immune system.
It can also cause digestive problems. Then, it can promote weight gain. But that’s not all, stress can also be the cause of sleep problems, memory loss, lack of libido and some skin problems such as psoriasis and hives.
And above all, it can slow down hair growth and lead to hair loss. In the latter case, stress attacks especially the more sensitive scalp by causing itching and promoting the appearance of dandruff. And of course, in a stressful situation, the body can not maintain the zinc reserves for the hair.